Teaching Practice 7
Pre-intermediate, A2 level
Main aim: Reading. There are different tasks presented at different stages of this lesson from vocabulary related ones to reading comprehension.
Sub aim: Vocabulary. There are going to be set of vocabulary which will be taught during the lesson (mostly at pre-reading stage)
Procedure (39-44 minutes)
- Ask the students what kind of music they listen to? Do you only listen to Turkish music? - Ask the students to name the genres and artists. - What do you know about Bob Marley?
- Give the students the handout and ask them to number the events in logical order. - Teach the students the pronunciation of the sound /ɔː/ - Ask the students to circle the words that include the taught sound.
- Instruct the students to only do the tasks A and B then give the second handout with the reading to the students. - Ask the students some questions about the A after they've read it. - Ask the students to write the answers to the B on the board as they do the task.
- Ask the students to do the true, false and not given task.
- Regroup the students into Bob and Ziggy. - Ask the students to try and remember what they read about their chosen characters then after about 4 mins ask them to tell someone from the other group about their character. - If there was extra time. Give the lyrics to one of the Bob Marley's songs and ask the students to circle the words with the taught sound.