Sajedeh Farajzadeh Jalali , Reading and Vocabulary in holiday
beginners , A1 level
To provide detailed reading practice using a text about holiday postcard in the context of a postcard from San Francisco
To provide clarification of adjectives to describe cities and weather in the context of holiday
Procedure (24-35 minutes)
- show them the pictures of different tourist destinations - ask them some questions ( where are these places? how do they look? do you like to visit them? why? why not?) - pair them to share some ideas - WC feedback
- show them the hand out - ask them to fold the paper and only do ex. 1 ( gap-filling dictation) alone , then monitor, check in pairs, feedback on board. - ask them to unfold the paper, do the matching activity of pictures and adjectives, monitor, feedback on board, drill some words.
- show the picture on the board. - elicit some ideas in WC about the picture , ask CCQ - pre-teach comfortable and building with the pictures and realia, CCQs. - show them the handout and instruct them with reading the postcard and answer the questions below. - check their answers in pairs when they finished. - WC feedback
- show them the hand-out - instruct them by asking them to put the correct words from the text in the chart in their pairs. - ICQs - monitor - feedback on board.
- show them the handout, instruct them with saying just listen and fill in the gaps. - ICQs - distribute the handout - play the audio - check in pairs. monitor, if they managed it, feedback on board, if not, play the audio again.
- put the Ss in groups of 4 - show them the postcards, ask them to write a postcard to their friend or classmate. - show the format on the board in order to give them some ideas. - monitor - swap their cards with other groups. - delayed error correction