Teaching Practice 3
The main is to provide a variety of reading tasks while getting the students to discuss the answers and hence practice speaking
Main aim: Skills: Reading and speaking
New words related to the context are brought up either by eliciting the students or introducing them myself.
Procedure (36-46 minutes)
- Present a slide with a spider diagram. This diagram has objects in a cafe written in the middle and requires the students to give a few examples of the objects to fill the diagram.
- Conduct an exercise in which the students need to match words with the right image. - Reveal the answers - Drill the pronunciation afterwards.
- Explain the reading task from the page 29 exercise 6b to the students. - Give them the handout. - Ask them to check their answers with each other. - Give them the correct answers.
- Instruct the students on how to do the reading comprehension task via the short demo. - Put the students on the task. This task asks the students to fill out the blanks correctly based on the context. - Ask them to check their answers with each other - Give them the answers
- Introducing me too concept through a dialogue. - First read the text yourself. - Then ask students to play the roles in pairs by demoing it with a student. Let them know that they should switch places once they have finished.