Teaching Practice 3
Main aim: Skills: Reading and speaking
The main is to provide a variety of reading tasks while getting the students to discuss the answers and hence practice speaking
New words related to the context are brought up either by eliciting the students or introducing them myself.
Procedure (36-46 minutes)
- Present a slide with a spider diagram. This diagram has objects in a cafe written in the middle and requires the students to give a few examples of the objects to fill the diagram.
- Conduct an exercise in which the students need to match words with the right image. - Reveal the answers - Drill the pronunciation afterwards.
- Explain the reading task from the page 29 exercise 6b to the students. - Give them the handout. - Ask them to check their answers with each other. - Give them the correct answers.
- Instruct the students on how to do the reading comprehension task via the short demo. - Put the students on the task. This task asks the students to fill out the blanks correctly based on the context. - Ask them to check their answers with each other - Give them the answers
- Introducing me too concept through a dialogue. - First read the text yourself. - Then ask students to play the roles in pairs by demoing it with a student. Let them know that they should switch places once they have finished.