January 9th, 2018 Vocab and Listening
To provide clarification of Family vocabulary
To listen and understand family vocabulary
Procedure (36-43 minutes)
Show a video clip of the simpsons family and have students write adjectives describing the clip
- Show my family picture with names attached, try to elicit all relevant word through pointing and gestures mother father sister brother son daughter wife husband parents children - After elicited, drill pronunciation with each word and write on WB
- Have students work in pairs to complete chart from exercise 2, identifying gender and usage of family terms - Provide feedback by giving answer key and allowing students to check work
- Read and explain grammar rule - We use a name or a noun for a person + 's for the possessive.
- I will repeat the created listening exercise from handout 2. Students will work individually to fill in blanks and then work in pairs to check answers
- Change pairs by counting off in numbers - Give picture of simpsons family. Have students work in pairs and ask questions about the relationships to one another in the family. - The first part is to circle correct word from handout - The second part is to discuss questions pertaining to the picture. - Demonstrate between class and students by asking questions about the picture and having them answer. Students will work in pairs. - Is this Homer's son? - Is Lisa Homer's daughter?