listening , crime and punishment vocab
upper intermediate level
To provide gist and detailed in the context of crime and punishment with gusessing the stories through the pictures and completing the story with as many details as they can .
To provide practice of collocations in the context of crime and punishment through a set of matching cards in groups .
Procedure (25-34 minutes)
- grouping Ss and ask a volunteer to come - show them a card and they need to act it for their group
- grouping the Ss - giving each group a set of cards containing different collocations seperated . - ask them to match the collocations in groups - monitoring - get a feedback on board since the gap filling exercise is written on the board - they come to board and stick the papers in blanks
- a hand out is given - Ss will have 4 minutes to choose the best options - they check their answers in pairs - feedback will be on the board for them to check .
- Ss will look at the pictures on the board - they will guess the stories in their pairs - WC feedback
- the T is going to instruct them with the handout that they are going to add details to the stories - the Ss will listen to the audio - they will check their answers in pairs - WC feedback
- grouping the Ss - giving a set of questions to each group - asking them to answer the questions about their country - ask some volunteers to share some ideas in class