Common health and everyday problems, Should for advice
A1/A2 (Elementary) level
To provide accuracy speaking practice in talking about everyday problems and offering solutions
To provide clarification and practice in using should
Procedure (34-40 minutes)
- Give an example of health problem like cold. - Show health problems on WB and elicit the words. - Teach any words Ss don't know based on MFP order. - Ask CCQs to make sure they're clear on words.
- Put a picture of a man who has a headache and a woman on WB. - Start a conversation by eliciting the sentences from Ss. - Elicit the word Should and complete the conversation.
- Highlight the sentence which should is included in. - Focus on stress and negative form. - Ask Ss to repeat the sentence considering the correct intonation and stress. -
- Put health problems on the walls. - Group Ss in 3 and ask them to stand up and advise one positive and one negative point for each picture. - Lead them to go through all the pictures. - Monitor and take notes of any mistakes heard.
- Group Ss in 4 or 5. - Ask them to put the problems face down. - Ask them to take turns and choose one problem to state. - Ask other group mates to advise. - Monitor and take notes of mistakes.
- In an O/C FB, write the problems on WB. - Ask Ss to think about the problems in pairs. - Ask one or two students to correct the mistakes on WB. - Provide any correction needed.