Hypothetical Situations in the Present
Upper Intermediate level
To provide practice and clarification for sentences used for hypothetical situations in the present in the context of interfering with nature.
To provide fluency speaking practice through group discussions in the context of interfering with nature
To provide gist reading practice using a text about cosmetic surgery in the context of interfering with nature.
Procedure (45-59 minutes)
- Showing the Ss two picture of the same person - Asking them to discuss in pairs, what the connection between them is
- distributing the text - letting students read and check the connection between the pictures
- Give students the four statements related to the text - ask them to discuss them in their groups - give feedback
- introduce the "unreal past" through guided discovery - let students answer the questions of the analysis - give feedback by nominating students from groups
- give clear instruction for students to work in pairs - let Ss complete the sentences with the correct form of the verb - distribute answer key
- give instructions for exercise b where students have to write sentences starting with given phrases. - let students work in group - stick answer key on board - let students check their answer
- give clear instruction on exercise - distribute the wishful thinking quiz - let students work in groups to fill the gaps - let students check answer in groups - distribute answer key - move onto mingling activity, let students ask the questions to each other (for each question a different person) - monitor students - feedback by nominating Students if time - move onto exercise B - let Ss answer questions - Let Sss check in pairs - feedback by nominating Students