Personal Information, Verb 'to be', Possessive Adjectives
Elementary/ A2 level
To provide fluency and accuracy speaking practice in a conversation in the context of personal information
To provide specific information and detailed listening practice using a text about possessive adjectives and the verb 'to be' in the context of personal information
To provide clarification, review and practice of the verb 'to be' and possessive adjectives in the context of personal information.
Procedure (37-44 minutes)
- divide the class into 3 groups with 4 students. - give the paper with two pictures and a chart to each group. - make SS glue the correct information to the correct person by looking at the pictures. - show the correct completed paper to the students to check their answers. - SS speak about the pictures and information about the people.
- give SS the gap-fill exercise. - listen the information about Sabine and Bill - make SS check answers in pairs
- monitor them - take some notes -give feedback to whole class.
- model and drill the questions - make choral drill first and then individual - emphasize the possible spelling mistakes while drilling - correct their pronunciation mistakes if there is.
- examine the colored, mixed and glued papers on the wall. - find the correct form of the verb 'to be', its contraction, negative form and the possessive adjectives with correct pronoun. - put them in order taking consideration the subject.
- give feedback about the form of 'to be' and possessive adjectives.
- form the SS in pairs. - practice the completed dialogues 2 and 3. - first the student 'A' asks the question and 'B' answers then in the 2nd question 'B' asks and 'A' answers.
- monitor and take notes - give feedback to SS.
- SS mingle in the middle of the classroom. - SS ask questions each other.
- teacher monitors the SS - take notes of their mistakes. - give comment or feedback.
- ask individual students to report back on particular students they have spoken to.