To provide fluency and accuracy speaking practice through a questionnaire in the context of music to improve their productive speaking skills.
To provide gist reading practice using a text about music changing lives in the context of a music orchestra.
To provide practice of are or do in the context of a music questionnaire.
Procedure (44-55 minutes)
- Setting task to watch the man in the video - Letting them watch and listen to the orchestra - Eliciting "conductor"
- Showing heading on WB - Asking students to discuss how music can change a life? - Letting them discuss in pairs - Introducing the text - Give instruction to read the question first, then read the text and set time limit. - Let students read text. - Let students pair check answers - Ask for answer
- Introducing the questionnaire - Showing the questionnaire and clarifying the task - Model an example on WB - Give instruction to work in pairs and fill the gaps with are or do - Let students work in pairs - Distribute answer keys to students - Drill the questions
- Giving clear instruction for a mingling activity - Clarifying to change partner for each question - Letting students do the questionnaire - Monitoring students while doing so
- Give feedback by write incorrect sentences used by students on WB - Ask students what is wrong with the sentence - Instruct students to discuss in pairs - Correcting the sentence on WB according to answers