To provide gist reading practice using a text about places in London in the context of weather and season
To provide fluency speaking practice in a conversation in the context of weather
Procedure (41-53 minutes)
- Showing a picture of London. Asking: "Where is this place?" and "Do you want to visit London?" And next asking: "How is the weather today?"
- Showing the pictures in the book. - Asking: "How is the weather in the first picture?" and "What are they doing?" Drawing attention to season and place - Ss discuss the difference in pairs - Eliciting the difference between the pictures. - Feedback by writing related words on board - introducing related Vocabulary. ( ice-skating, open-air, museum)
-Regroup students - Give instruction to choose the right heading for each paragraph. - Let students read the text - Let students pair check - Ask the answers, give answer key on board
- Let the Ss read the questions "Where can you....?" - Elicit the meaning of the questions. - Ask them to fill in the gap with the correct place - Let students pair check - Give answer key.
- Give instructions on matching vocabulary - Distribute Words and pictures to each group - Let students match in groups - Peer check by checking other groups - Give answer key on board - Concept check meaning of vocabulary
- Distribute questions ex 2c - Students work in groups - Check exercise by nominating