present continuous lesson
Elementary A1/A2 level
To provide clarification and practice of present continuous in the context of lifestyle, (noisy neighbours)
To provide specific information listening practice using a text about lifestyle in the context of noisy neighbours
Procedure (44-47 minutes)
* playing a Mr Bean video (1:30') to elicit the words noisy and neighbors *Tell students that "noisy" is an adj and" neighbor" is a countable noun *ask students to discuss in their group about their problems with their neighbors and list them *write some of their answers on the board
*Put students in group of 4 *give each group a worksheet (top problems of noisy neighbors in the U.K ) * Ask them to match the sentences with the pictures *put the answers on the board *put the whole picture on the board and ask them why people in apartment number 5 can not sleep *elicit answers
* Give students a worksheet and ask them to listen to the people in picture 5 and fill in the blanks with the given verbs * Project the exercise on the board and elicit the answers
* Give each group a guided discovery worksheet and ask them to answer the questions *Ask them to change their task with the group next to them and check the answers * project it on the board and elicit the answers * put the model sentence (They are having a party) on the board and clarify the MFP.
* Give each pair one quiz worksheet and ask them to choose the correct answer * Ask them to check with their group * elicit some answers *put the answers on the board
* Give students a song worksheet (lemon tree) and before they listen ask them to fill in the gaps with the present continuous * Play the song and ask them to listen and check their answers
* Put students in 2 group, A and B * Tell them that from each group one person comes to the board and play what is written on the paper and their group needs to guess what is the exact sentence. They take turn to finish all the sentences. The winner is the group which finishes the first.