To provide review of The passive in the context of movie industry and they have opportunity to review whole tenses in passive form.
To provide deduction reading practice using a text about Bollywood film industry in the context of movie and through this reading practice SS should choose the correct form of the verb and this activity is a kind of test for teacher to check her student's background analysis.
Procedure (47-60 minutes)
- Show SS a picture of famous Turkish actor and elicit some questions about him - Give them 3 questions as a HO and ask them to discuss the questions with their partners. - Take WC feedback.
- Give SS a reading about Indian film industry which includes passive verbs. - Ask them to choose the correct verb forms in the text. - Put ss into pairs and ask them to check their answers together.
- Ask ss to tell about the reasons of their answers. - Write two or three sentences on the board and asking some CCQs about the meaning and concept of passive form verbs. - Elicit some questions about the form ( structure ) and label the sentences. - Drill the sentences that are on the board with ss.
- Give ss 8 sentences and ask them to rewrite the sentences and using a passive verb form. - Put them into pairs and ask them to check their answers together. - Take a WC feedback.
- Ask SS to write a report about a movie which they have seen it recently. - Put them into groups and ask them to talk about their reports with their partners. - Change ss' groups and ask them to talk about their friends' report with their new partners. - Write some of their errors on the board and and ask them to correct the errors by themselves.