B2 Upper intermediate level
To provide clarification and practice of Future perfect and future continuous in the context of changing lifestyle and SS lead to grammar through the reading task. In addition, they are going to get familiar with the concept of future perfect and future progressive.
To provide accuracy speaking practice in a conversation about their friends' future plan. They are going to discuss with their partners about their plans and use the current grammar in their speaking.
Procedure (45-59 minutes)
- Students have read the reading ( Lifestyle changes ) and through the text, they got familiar with the grammar of lesson.
- Give SS a task which includes the future perfect and future progressive verbs and they should choose the correct forms of verb. - Put SS into pairs - Ask ss to check their answers with their partners. - Give feed back and ask some of the SS to come to the board and write the answers on the board.
- Elicit some questions about the concept of grammar.
- Asking some CCQs based on the previous task -Write one of the examples on the board and label the sentence. - Ask them to drill the sentence.
- Ask ss to do the gap filling exercise which is in the book and write the correct form of the verb. - Ask them to check their answers with their partners. - Ask ss to write the answers on the board.
- Put ss into groups - Give each group 2 incomplete sentences. They should complete them about themselves. - Ask ss to go to other groups and share their answers together. - Ask them some questions about their answers.
- Ask ss to predict 3 sentences about their group mates' future next year this time. - In their groups, ss check their sentences together and find out their sentences are true or not.