To provide gist, specific information and detailed listening practice using a text about politically correct in the context of Sexist point of view at work. In this listening two employers talk about their colleague who got sacked because he has a sexist point of view.
To provide clarification and practice of language used for Asking for and clarification in the context of Prejudice .In this lesson, ss learn some words with " ism" and their adjectives.
Procedure (45-55 minutes)
- Show ss a picture of Adolf Hitler and ask them to tell something about him - Write 3 words on the board( realism,racism,nationalism) and ask them decide which one of these words describe Hitler best. - Give SS a matching HO which consists of some words and their definitions. -Ask them to mach the words with their definitions -Put ss into pairs and ask them to check the answers together -Give SS 2 questions and ask them to discuss with their partners
- Give SS an advertisement about hiring a receptionist - Give SS a question about the ad and ask them to answer this question with their partners/
- Give ss 2 qestions and ask them to listen to the listening and answer the questions. - Ask them to share their answers in group.
- Give ss 8 questions and ask them to listen again and correct five of the sentences. - Ask ss to check their answers with their partners. - Ask some of the ss to write the correct answers on the board. - Give ss a gap filling task and ask them to complete the sentences with their own words.
- Put ss in groups and ask them to make a list of reasons why Frank is not popular at work. - Ask them to discuss that if they think frank deserved to loose his job. - Ask ss to share their ideas with other classmates.