Teaching practice 8, reading
Intermediate, B1 level
To provide gist and deduction reading practice using a text called "make someone happy" in the context of Kindness
To provide clarification of " random, anonymous, selfless" in the context of kindness
Procedure (36-49 minutes)
- I will show them slide 1 and let them discuss in pairs whether kindness is a waste of time or not.
- I will put students in pair and have them talk about kind activities that we do when we do not want anything back
- I will give them slide 2 and let them find the answers in the text. I give them specific time and tell them not to read the text completely. Slide 3 should be given to them as the text. * Students will have a general understanding of the act of kindness text which will be used to clarify the meaning of the words in the next stage
- I will give them slide 4 and let them find the answers of the meaning in the text in pairs * Students try to guess the meaning of the words" compliment, anonymous, random, spontaneous, compliment, litter" based on the context. - I will clarify the meaning fully and ask questions to check the context.
- I will show them slide 5 and let them discuss in pairs. I will monitor them and find errors - Finally, I will praise good sentences and correct their errors.