Rooms and things in a house
Elementary, A1 level
To provide clarification and practice of Rooms and things in a house in the context of Parts of house. In addition, they learn about "how much" and "how many".
To provide clarification and practice of How much and How many in the context of Parts of hose
Procedure (45-59 minutes)
- Put SS into 5 groups - Write 5 names of part of house on the board - Give each group a picture of one part of house and asking them to match the pictures with names on the board.
-Put SS into 6 groups - Show them a picture of house with its things by the video projector. -Give each group 3 names of house's things and asking them to match their words with the things on the board. - Give them answer keys for checking their answers. - If SS do not know some words, I Pre- teach them. - They might not know the pronunciation of "washbasin" and I should teach that.
- Elicit SS bout the concept of "countable" and "uncountable" - Give SS a HO which consists of 2 columns ( countable and uncountable ) and a box of words. - Ask SS to put the words in a right column - Put SS into pairs and asking them to check their answers. - Write the correct answers on the board.
-Give SS 8 questions with "How much" and "How many" about an advertisement. -Put SS into pairs and asking them to read the advertisement and answer those 8 questions. - Ask SS to check their answers in a group.
- Ask SS to look at their 8 questions and underline the plural or singular nouns after the "How much" and "How many". _ Write "How much" and "How many" on the board then elicit SS what kind of word should use after these two phrases.
- Give SS a gap-filling activity and asking them to fill the blanks with "How much" and "How many" - Ask them to check their answers in their groups.
- Ask SS to ask and answer the 8 questions which they had in the previous activities with their partners. - Ask some SS to stand in front of the class and act the conversation out.