Evenings and weekends
To provide clarification and review of Simple present ( Negative and question forms ) in the context of Free time
To provide speaking practice in a Conversation in the context of Free time and evenings and using the negative and question forms of present simple in a real context.
Procedure (43-55 minutes)
- Write 2 times on the board and SS should guess at these times what do I do . -Put them in pairs and do this activity with their partners . - Ask some of the SS about peers' answer .
- Show SS a picture of my daily routine and elicit some questions about the picture . -Elicit some questions about the activities which are not in my day in order to introduce the negative form . - Elicit some questions about their day .
- Write one of the questions and negative sentences on the board as an example . - Drill the sentences which are on the board chorally and individually . - Show SS how to pronounce the contraction form of the negative sentences by fingers . - Show SS the rising intonation in yes/no questions .
- Put SS into groups and give each group scrambled sentences then they should put it in order . - Each group stick the correct sentences on the board and SS check the answers together .
- Give SS a HO which has 6 clocks . - Ask them to write 6 sentences and tell what do they do or they don't do at these six times every day . - Put SS in pairs and they ask and answer each other about these six times . -Give FB from 2 or 3 SS .
- Elicit SS some questions about their weekends and their plans . -Give SS a list of free time activities and ask them to thick activities which they do in their free time . - SS stand up and ask some questions about each activity then write their names in front of the activities. - Ask 2 or 3 SS to tell their classmates' names for some activities .