By the end of this lesson, students will be able to write a letter of complaint.
Students will be able to practice the recycled vocabulary and useful language items in the process of writing
Procedure (35-45 minutes)
* T asks Ss about good hotels in Alex. * T gives a brief context about his bad experience in Halton Hotel. * In pairs, Ss discuss a possible solution for this problem. * T elicits answers from Ss and direct their attention to the word ' complain'
* T tells Ss that he wrote a complaint letter to the hotel manger. * T elicits the words : 'complaint, compensation and refund' * Ss read the letter handout and answer the questions.
* T sticks a copy of a blank letter layout ( handout 2) on the board and gives Ss shreds of useful language phrases. * In pairs,Ss take a minute to think of the place of their shred on the layout. * Ss categorize the shreds and stick on the layout. * T provides OC feedback.
* T gives Ss a copy of task 2 and asks Ss to write a first draft of a complaint letter on A3 paper.
* Ss exchange letter and do peer editing. * T instructs Ss to only underline the mistakes. * Ss take their letter back, write the second draft and stick it on the wall. * Ss go around the class and choose the second best letter after theirs. * T gives OC feedback about language mistakes