must and mustn't
To provide clarification of must and mustn't in the context of Animals
To provide gist and scan reading practice using a text about National Park in the context of Animals
Procedure (34-46 minutes)
- T will ask sts what was the previous lesson about, aspiring that they will say animals. - T will ask sts do you love animals? if they say yes Teacher will ask some of the sts what is their favorite. - T will ask the student if they have any place where he can go and see animals, hoping to get the answer park or a zoo. - if he get the answer zoo teacher will show some pictures to clarify the difference between a park and a zoo.
-teaching some blocking vocabulary(Map, seatbelt, fasten)
- T will give the students a text about a National Park in South Africa. - T will ask the students to read the text quickly and answer the gist question.alone, in 1 minute. - ICQs: -are you reading quickly or slowly? quickly -are you reading alone or in pairs? alone -how many minutes do you have? 1 minute - T will ask sts to check in pairs and then get oral FB. - T will ask the sts to do the scanning task, alone and will give them 2 min.
- T will show two pictures to the sts and ask them to work in pairs find in the text sentences that describe them ( eliciting the target language)
-T will use the marker sentences that he elicited from the sts to clarify the target language through the use of CCQs: - Marker sentence number 1: you must fasten your seat belt - CCQs:- is it important to fasten your seat belt? yes - is a problem if you don't do it? yes - can you not do it? no - Marker sentence number 2: you mustn't feed the animals - can you feed the animals? no - is it okay if you do it? no -The teacher will elicit the form the sts. - T will use back chain drilling to provide controlled practice of pronunciation.
- Teacher will ask student to do an exercise where they will have to match must and mustn't to some pictures that describes them - sts will be given 4 min.and they will do it individually and then check in pairs. - Teacher will provide an example for the student in case they don't understand. -ICQs: -how many minutes do you have? 4 -are you working alone or in pairs.?alone. - After sts are done T will get W/B feedback.
- sts will be given an exercise where they have to circle true the sentences that seems true and false the sentences that seems so. - sts will work in pairs and will be given 3 min to do it.
-Teacher will divide sts into 2 groups and ask them to pretend as if the classroom is theirs and they will have to make new rules. - T will say that whomever team will produce pictures that clear and the other group will be able to understand will win. -ICQs: -are working alone, no - what are you making, sign or pictures. - T will give them 5 min to do it and then will get feed back
- During the free practice, T will monitor for the sts will make - T will correct them by eliciting from the sts at this stage