The meeting, Present Continuous tense
By the end of this lesson, students will be able to use the present continuous tense to talk about ongoing events in the positive and negative forms.
Students practice speaking using the target language accurately
Procedure (32-45 minutes)
* T shows a picture of Frank,Janet and Liz then, guides Ss to describe what is happening. * T tells Ss that they are going to listen to a conversation between those three people.
* T asks Ss to take a look at the sentences in Ex.3a for a minute. * Ss listen to a conversation between Fank,Janet and Liz, and decide who said the previous sentences. * In pairs, Ss check their answers.
* T asks Ss whether the sentences in 3a are about now or every day. * T draws a timeline on the board to clarify the meaning of the tense. * T picks a model sentence from the text and uses CCQs to check understanding of the meaning.
* T draws Ss' attention to the contracted forms. * In pairs, Ss complete the form table. * T draws the from table on the board and invites Ss to complete it.
* T gives Ss four written sentences. * T models stress and intonation of one sentence. * Ss listen to recording of the sentences,one by one, and repeat it as chorus * Flexi step: (Ss listen again and mark stressed of words.) * Flexi step: (In pairs, Ss check their answers,) * T provides OC feedback.
* In pairs, Ss complete the gabs in a conversation between Liz and Danny. * Flexi step: (Ss listen to the recording and check their answers.) * T provides OC feedback.
* T gives Ss a copy of the Board Game handout, a dice and a button. * In pairs,Ss roll the dice, move to a picture and describe what is the person doing. * T provides content/language feedback