Under the Sea Lesson
Elementary, A2 level
To provide clarification and practice of sea object and animals in the context of underthe sea
To help the learners break their shyness and reach their true potential as much as possible with the games and other fun activities
To provide the concept of abilities with can and can't chunk.
Procedure (36-48 minutes)
- The T tells students to look around the classroom pointing the fish and other sea animals on the wall and asks what these animals are. - The T asks the students where we can see these animals. - The T tells the students that they are underwater and adds only for this lesson you can breath underwater and meet some animals.
- The T divides the classroom into two groups. - The T gives the instruction. "With your group, match the pictures with the words." - When the students finish their activity, they check their answers from the answer key.
- After the exposure activity, the T drill with the students in different ways. (Boys & girls, up&down, sitting down&standing up, showing the first letters)
- The T gives each group papers with the pictures and words on it. - From each group, one student comes to the board and reads the description about each animal. The first group to answer correct gets the point.
- The T continues with the existing groups. - Then the T tells the students that they will play a game mixture of pictionary and miming. (She models the activity with one of the learners.)
- The T organizes the chairs standing parallel to each other face to face. - The T models the "can you touch this animal?" game. Each student needs to ask their partners if they can touch that animal. - When they finish the activity, the T says that there are 1 or 2 minutes left to go above the water to finish the activity.