Upper intermediate level
To provide product writing practice of a letter in the context of complaint
The students will be able to discuss their ideas.
To provide process and product writing practice of a Letter in the context of Formal complaint
Procedure (34-60 minutes)
- T will greet them self to the class and ask how they are. - T teacher will then talk about writing when sad or happy (poems) or keeping record (dairy) - T will then try to elicit formal complaint letter is written when angry or unhappy. - T will being using the board to write the sad happy or in love = poems keeping record = daily dairy And when angry or upset = formal complaint letter - T will also need to demonstrate that you are unhappy about a company or organization.
- T will play a recoreding of a company that is named brain booster. SS will need to listen for the promise brain booster makes and the special offer they have. - T will insturst SS to do PW work once recording is finished. ICQ - After listening SS will work in pairs to compare answers. - T will then ask SS to discuss their answers.
- T will handout worksheet 2 and instruct SS to answer the questions. - T will also needs to notify that the text they will be reading is a phone conversation and complaint. - T will ask SS to do PW. ICQ - T will then elicit answers from SS and come to write on the board. - if T can not elicit the answer from SS T will have answer key on the board .
- T will hand out worksheet 3 SS will need to underline the formal writing. Comparing it to the previous text. - T will instruct SS to work in pairs. ICQ - T will will then try to elicit the answers from the SS.
- T will then handout worksheet 3C and instruct SS to underline the more formal words and phrases that match the words in the exercise. -T will instruct SS to work in pairs ICQ - T will also get SS to come up to the board and write their answer.
- T will hand out a advertisement from page 139 from the SS book. -T will instruct SS to write a formal complaint letter about the advertisement - SS will do pairwork ICQ - T will set the task for 15 mins so SS have time to really practice trying to wrote formal. - T will then hang the letters around the class room and ask SS to walk around and read other SS letters and give some feedback.