Hard work - Jobs interview
To provide gist and specific information reading practice using a text about life on the other side in a magazine article
To provide a variety of vocabulary used to talk about getting and losing jobs, being unemployed and salaries
Procedure (30-45 minutes)
- Ss will watch a video about job interviews. - Using PowerPoint, T presents a group of questions for discussion. - T asks Ss to work in pairs to discuss the following questions and take notes. ICQs: 1. Will you talk in groups? no with a partner 2. Will you listen? no talk and discuss 3. How much time? 3 minutes The questions: 1. Is easy to get a job nowadays? 2. What is the most important thing for you in a job? (salary-location-experience...) 3. Is it okay to be without a job? - T monitor to find out any mistakes. - T gives feedback with some Ss about their opinions. - T divides the class into two groups. - T gives each group a group of cards to rearrange events in people's working life. ICQs: 1. Will you work alone? No, in groups 2. Will you write? No, rearrange - Each group checks answers. - T gives feedback.
- T chests the next activity to fill in gaps and asks Ss to complete the text in 4 minutes - T asks Ss to complete the text about Pat side's experience of work with verbs in the box. ICQs: 1. How many gaps? 11 2. How many verbs? 11 3. How much time? 4 minutes - Ss check answers in PW - T plays the recording to give feedback.
- T chests the next activity about magazine article - T asks Ss to read the magazine article on p.69 to find out what the two women have in common. ICQs: 1. What will you find out? The same things between the two women. 2. How much time? one minute - Ss check the answers in PW - T gives feedback
- T chests the next activity for true or false - T asks Ss to read the text again to put true or false. ICQs: 1. Will you match? No, read and put T or F 2. Will you work with your partner? No, alone 3. How much time? 3 minutes. - Ss check answers in PW - T gives feedback.
- T chests the HO to find the meaning in the text. - T asks Ss to read quickly to find the meaning. ICQs: 1. Will you read and answer questions? No, find the meaning. 2. Will you work in groups? No, alone. 3. How many meanings? six. 4. How much time? 3 minutes. - Ss check answers in PW. - T gives feedback
- T chests the next activity 5 to put the events in the gaps. - T asks Ss to put the events in activity 3 into the gaps. ICQs: 1. How many gaps? four 2. How many events? four 3. How much time? 4 minutes - Ss check the answers in PW - T gives feedback.
- T chests the Ho and asks Ss to walk around to find someone who... ICQs: 1. Will you listen and write? No, ask or talk and write 2. How many questions for each student? One 3. Will you write his/her name? Yes - T gives feedback.