Upper intermediate level
To provide clarification and practice of Dangorus circumstances in the context of Worst case scenarios
To provide detailed listening practice using a text about Worst case scenarios in the context of Treat, survive, deal with, avoid, a wound, a split, to antagonize, to outrun, to distract, a threat, debris
To provide scan, detailed and gist in the context of Worst case scenarios
Procedure (33-59 minutes)
- T will set the context by talking about the earthquake that happened in Bodrum last week. -T will ask what they would in that situation.
- T will handout a worksheet with words and their definitions . - T will instruct SS that they will need to match the words to the meaning. - SS will first work alone the do PW or GW to compare answers. ICQ - T will then provide answer key
- T will handout worksheet 1A&B teacher will instruct students will work alone and that they need answer these questions in three minutes. This will be skimming. -T will then ask SS to work in pairs to compare answers. -T will then ask each group to come up and write there answer on the board.
- T will handout worksheet 2 and 3 - T will first ask SS to write what they would do in these situations this will be in group work. - T will then ask SS to read the text and see if there list match what is in the text.
- T will handout worksheet 4 and try to elicit which words and phrases they know. -T will then demonstrate the meaning of these words with images via projector. - T will then drill these words with SS.
-T will hanaout worksheet 5 SS will be instructed to try answer the questions in there own words first. - SS then will do pw or gw to compare answers - T will ask SS to right their answers on the broad.
- T will handout worksheet 6 and ask SS to discuss the questions - T will first ask students to work in pairs - T will then ask SS to change partners - T will then talk about any interesting stories they have heard.