Teaching Practice 1
By the end of the lesson ss will have had the oppurtunity to practise in the lexical set of jobs.
To read for specific information To use "to be" ( affirmative) and "a / an " with jobs To use question forms
Procedure (35-45 minutes)
- Write a short LP on the top right of the WB before the lesson - Greetings SS with good rapport - Ask SS "Who am I?"and elicit the sentence "You're a teacher" from them - Stick the poster on the WB. Pronounce the jobs & want SS repeat after you ( choral drill). Throw the ball to a ss randomly , point a job on the poster and want him / her to pronounce it. Then the ss throws the ball to another ss and T does the same. Do this with 9 / 10 ss.
- Show flashcards one by one and encourage ss to make a guess.Then, turn the other side of it and show the written word. Don't show more than 10 flashcards!
- Show and explain the HO1, then give it to the SS. - Read the texts aloud to the ss while they listen and read. At this level , model the correct pronunciation of the words in the text. - Ask ss to match the people to the photos ( ex 1) - Let them check their answers. - Ask ss to complete the chart ( ex 2 ). They can work in pairs to help each other. - Vocab ex.2 : Make ss complete the sentences with a / an
- Show and explain the HO2, then give it. While doing the task monitor the SS whether they can do it properly. SS will do this activity as an Ind Drill. - Then, SS make peer-checking for the answers.
- Give each ss a Visiting card and want them to introduce themselves according to the information on the card. Ex: I'm Ana Gomez. I'm from Spain. I'm a film director. Do this with 7 /8 SS - ( SPEAKING) In a meeting, SS mingle to get to know each other saying: Hello / I'm... / I'm from... / I'm a/an... / What about you?.... Nice to meet you.