Upper intermediate level
To provide clarification and practice of For past and present conditions in every day situations in the context of Hypotheticals
To provide accuracy and fluency speaking practice in a Conversation in the context of Hypotheticals
Procedure (31-60 minutes)
- T will first introduce himself to the class and tell a short story using the target language. * if I wasn't lazy, I wouldn't be so over weight. * if I saved my money, I would have a car by now. * if I studied harder, I wouldn't be jobless - T will write one of these statements on the bored and elicit from students which part is in the past and which part is in the present. - T will also show that these are called past and present conditions. - T will also show form of past and present conditions.
- T will hand out 4A worksheet and ask students to underline the verbs in each sentence. As will work in pairs or in group to practice the target language. - ICQ - T will then hand out 4B work sheet students will work in pairs to discuss answers. This activity can provide some clarification on the target language. - T will handout 4C and ask to fill in the gaps. This exercise will help better understand the form on conditions.
-T will ask as to listening to recording - SS will need to match the phonetics to the correct sentence. - T will also do some finger drilling to help students to understand where the links are.
- T will give hand out work sheet six 6 and instruct SS that they must fill in the blanks alone ICQ. ( controlled) -T will then ask SS to do PW or GW to discuss and compare answers. ICQ - Speaking will help them with the clarification of the target language
- T will hand each student worksheet number 7A - T will instructe SS to read the question and choose two situations - T will also pick a situation for himself and give an example. - T will then handout worksheet 7B and ask SS to work in pairs. -ICQ
-T will first elicit what a compound adjective is SS will come up and write their ideas on the board. - T will then handout worksheet 8A and B and ask to work in pairs and groups ICQ - Teacher ask students for the answers on the board
- T will hand out worksheet number 9 and ask students to fill in the gaps - T will also ask SS to work alone ICQ - T wiil then ask to work in pairs to compare answers - T will then ask students to write answers on board