To provide gist and specific information in the context of How people met
To practise controlled speaking.
Procedure (34-44 minutes)
1. T shows ss pictures and elicits TL. (married/engaged/weddings) 2. Concept Qs: 'So do people get married first or engaged?' 3. Drill whenever possible. 4. Write on W/B.
1. Gives ss small jumbled cards and shows they need to order them. 2. Ss check in pairs whether they have the same order. 3. Ss explain briefly the orders they opted for?
1. Demonstrate how to do task 5 of HO1. 2. Give out HOs. 3. Do the first sentence together. 4. Ss listen from the beginning again. 5. Ss check their answers in pairs.
1. Ss read the Qs in Task 4. 2. Ss listen again to the text and answer those. 3. Ss check their answers in pairs. 4. Whole class feedback.
1. Demo 2. Ss talk about how they met their husbands/wives 3. Content/Language feedback.