Where I live
To provide the use of there's and there are
To provide reading about Robert's living room
Procedure (31-45 minutes)
- T uses a group of pictures of a garden, balcony, house and flat. - T elicits the words of these picture. - T sets an example ' I live in a flat. We do not have a garden. We have a balcony' - Ss work in pair to take about where they live for two minutes. ICCQ: - Will you live in a flat or a house? - Is it big or small? - Do you have a garden or a balcony?
- T shows pictures of different rooms in the house. - T elicits the names of different rooms: dining room, living room, kitchen , bathroom and bedroom. - T asks Ss to work in pairs to think about what things they can find in each room for two minutes. - T gives them a handout to find the thing in the house and write numbers: ICCQs: - Will you listen or write? - write - What will you write? - numbers - How much time? - two minutes - Ss check their answers in pairs. - T provides feedback by asking Ss to write the correct number on the board - Ss listen and repeat
- T shows a picture of Robert and asks Ss " what's his name? - Robert, Where's he? - In his living room, Is his room tidy? no, What are these things? play station, posters." - T asks Ss to read and listen about Robert. - T highlights there's and there are and asks questions: - Is there an old sofa? yes - Are there two arm chairs? yes - T chests the Ho and asks Ss to listen again and write the correct answer.
-T gives Ss a HO using discovery learning to elicit the rule of "There's - There are". - Ss discover the meaning, form and pronunciation by using CCQs CCQS: - How many sofas/armchairs? - Is it a singular or a plural noun? - In positive, we use There's or Their's - Ss check in pairs their answers - T gives feedback on WB - T drills the pronunciation
- T gives Ss a worksheet to choose the correct answer. ICCQs: - Will you listen and write? - No read and choose - How many questions? 8 questions - How much time? 3 minutes - Ss check in pairs. - T provides FB by asking Ss to write the answer on the WB
- T asks Ss to talk about Robert's room using activity 2 ICCQ: - Will you listen or talk? talk - talk about yourself ? no about Robert - how much time? 3 minutes - Ss check in pairs. - T gets feedback from one or two students.
- T aska Ss to talk about their rooms by asking and answering questions with "Is there ..? Are there ....?" - Ss swap their partners. ICCQs: - How many friends will you talk? all my friends - Will you ask about their family? no, their rooms