Lifestyle of a man called Colin Brodie through listening and reading tasks
To provide listening for gist and specific information practice in the context of a man named Colin and his job
To provide practice of lexis in the context of lifestyle
Procedure (31-45 minutes)
- Show a picture of a Turkish celebrity " Engin Akyurek " - GW to elicit information of the lifestyle about that celebrity - T divides the class into 3 WG - Ss have stickers about him to answer questions about him
- Show a picture of a man called Colin Brodie - T uses CCQs : What do you think about his job? - WP to predict his job, where he is from, and where does he live - T uses ICQs: What will you listen for ?
- Listen to recording 5.7 to choose the best answer for what is Colin's job and where he comes from
- Ss listen again to complete the activity 2 page 34 - WP to check answers then FB on the board - T uses ICQs: Can you look at the activity? Are you going to listen or write?
- Show a group of pictures to elicit the Lexis expected in the text. - T uses Lexis collocation in a context to make it clear - Ss work in PW to do activity 4 page 34 - Ss listen again to finish an exercise fill in the gaps to highlight collocation
- T shows the text on the board then let Ss circle the collocation. - T uses CCQs : Will you write or circle? - Ss come to the board and circle the the collocation and try to set it in another context
- Let Ss write about their lifestyle using the collocation - PW and FB answers