To introduce and give practice in using adjectives of feeling. To help students practice listening for gist and listening for specific information.
To give students the opportunity to practice using the past tense orally.
Procedure (59-72 minutes)
- Teacher greets the students and asks 'Where are we?' and elicits answer until the students say 'School.'
- Teacher writes 'school' on the board and students write as many words as possible about school. - Teacher elicits ideas from the students. In categories word from the students are taken and written on the board.
- T asks the meaning of the words and clears any problems with them. -T drills ( repeat after me) for pronunciation mistakes. - Students give example sentences containing the words given
- Students listen to the recording and and between the parts, teacher pauses the recording and students discuss what the topic may be. - After the recording is complete, students share their ideas about the answers and discuss disagreements.
- Teacher shows the part and illustrates how they are going to do it by saying: 'Now we are going to listen more carefully. I want you to match the beginnings -column A-with the endings - column B-. Then, look at your friend next to you and check your answers at the end.' T checks comprehension with ICQs. ( You are going to check your answers WHEN? - At the end.) - Students listen to the recording again and do the matching. - T checks the number of matches and IF the students have a low average of matches, T hands out the written transcript. Students works in pairs to find the matches. - T elicits answer but doesn't give the correct answers.
- Students fill the handout according to themselves. - Students talk about themselves with their partners. -Students fill the handout according to themselves. and share with their partner.
- T hands out the papers and tells students that they have to find a person that thinks the same with the statements. / The rule is that they have to write a person's once. - students stand up and walk in the classroom and search people who fit the statements. - Students report to the teacher about the results.
- Teacher elicits the meaning of the phrases from the students and clears meaning by miming and explaining, and pronunciation error by repetition. Eliciting positive and negative meaning. - T divides the students into three groups and assigns a color to each group, asking ICQs: ( Are you team blue? -No. / What color are you? -Green.) - T gives instructions. ( How many colors are there here? -3. / How many groups? -3. / 1 student from the group comes here, picks a paper and takes it to their friend there. You find the closest meaning and stick it next to it./ ICQ: How many people come to the table? -1./ Finish first -correctly- and you win. - Ss check each other's answers and gives feedback. - T gives the answer key to students and they find the winner.