Reading for gist and specific information
Grammar practise of " Has/ Have"
Procedure (47 minutes)
* Elicit some vocabulary *Show a picture of a Annie from page 24 couple * CCQ: - Picture 1: Do you remember? What's her name ? Elicit : Annie Taylor What's her job? Elicit : Doctor
- Now we are going to read about Annie's brother. * ICQ : Students will be asked to read quickly and tell the T about the text (5 mins) *Read the text *Find the general idea (2 mins) * Check with your pairs
* Read the questions and read the text * Find if it's True or False After they read individually, they will check their answers with their groups WCFB
* Show the text *Circle the Have / Has from the power point - 5 minutes Analyse the text together and underline important points of the grammar 5 minutes
Write 5 sentences about your family and tell it to your friend * I will demonstrate the activity I have a car. I have a sister. My sister has two children. I have a brother. He has a small house.
* Read the text and correct the mistakes * Demonstrate