TP1, Mohammad Taghvaee, 6 July 2017
• To provide gist and detailed listening practice using a text about personal information in the context of interview.
• To provide accuracy and fluency speaking practice in a conversation in the context of asking and answering personal information
Procedure (34-46 minutes)
- T shows pictures of Diego and Grace asking students a couple of related questions: Picture 1: Where is Diego? By his car What’s his job? Taxi driver How is his life? Picture 2: : Where is Grace? In a cafe What’s her job? Shop assistant How is here life?
- T asks Ss to listen and check their guesses about Diego and Grace’s jobs. - T ICQs: * Are we just going to listen to Diego? No, Diego and Grace * Are we going to write their phone number? No, their jobs. - T plays the audios "3.8" - Have Ss check in pairs. - WCFB, by randomly asking some Ss to read out loud for the WC.
- T chests the HO. - T shows the chart from the listening and asks Ss to complete it. - T passes out HOs. - T ICQs: * Do you complete it with your own information? No * How do you complete the chart? By listening - T plays the audio " 3.8 ". - Have Ss check in pairs. - WCFB, some Ss read out loud for the WC.
- T writes the following sentences with contractions from the listening on the WB. * I’m forty-two. * I’m not married. - T chests and explains exercise 7 on page 21. - Have Ss do it in pairs. - Stick Ss papers on the wall and ask them to walk and check each other’s mistakes (if any). - WCFB, some Ss read out loud for the WC.
Find someone who … - T chests the HO. - T shows Ss a profile card and a list of information they need to find. - T ICQs: * Do you have to write about yourself? No * Do you ask the questions from one person? No - T have the Ss walk and ask questions from other Ss. - Have Ss give you a feedback by telling you what they found.