To provide practice and clarification of advert words and phrases in the context of promotional and classified material.
To provide fluency speaking practice in a pairs with dialogues in the context of making polite enquiries of each other from prepared cards.
Procedure (36-48 minutes)
- post up ads on white board - have students read them all - after reseated ask students to select one they are interested and tell the class Which one interests you? Why?
- pass out hand with vocabulary and questions - match the words with the definitions - CCQ - ?s
- SS prepare there own adverts which sell a service or product. Not entirely free practice as vocab. should be used. - Have students read over each others adds. - CCQs Is it about?
- write questions on the board 1. who is the caller? 2. What does she want? 3. Is the receptionist able to help her? 4. Does the caller sound polite? -SS listen to recording - elicit answers Give students handout p.14 SS complete ex.2B compare answers CCQ - listen again SS check answers while following dialogue - GW, SS complete 3A, then ask and answer re: their own adds or the original ones
- SS receive cut up dialogue ex 5 and need to arrange it in order. - elicit the correct order - Handout page 15 - SS match expression in 4a with roles of either receptionist or caller -Handout 6A and SS work in pairs for role play of customer and service person -T monitors listening for TL EXTRA Student A and B cards More role playing with Student A and B cards from p.151 teacher should stop class, elicit some unheard TL and then SS continue with different pairs while T to monitor
Elicit from students how they think the lesson went, what reflections they have