• To provide Ss with practice in reading for gist, specific information and detail, and to practice deducing meaning through the context of a holiday that went wrong.
To provide clarification and practice of Holiday work in the context of H
To provide fluency speaking practice in a conversation in the context of ho
Procedure (43-58 minutes)
- write your name and the date on the board - Ask the students if they have ever been on a bad holiday
- Divide the class into two groups -Give the students simple instruction - Give them the matching handouts - Give them the cutouts
1. Give the Ss the handout of the questions of 1.c to ask each other
2. Give each group one of the texts with a general question * Don't forget the time limit * Don't give the correct answer here
- Mingle the members of the two groups of A & B - Give the handout of the questions of 2a
- Ask the students the question: Have you ever been on a holiday that you didn't enjoy? What happened?