Teaching Practice 1
For students to be able to understand positive, negative and short forms of ''be'' and use them in their sentences while speaking in the context of short conversations.
For students to be able to practice positive, negative and short forms of ''be'' and make sentences using those forms of ''be''.
Procedure (34-45 minutes)
- greet the whole class and ask if they are fine today or not - without reading anyoutthing from the book, make the students look at the pictures at the top of the page and tell their ideas about their age, clothes and appearance.
- Make the students match the sentences with the photos and after finishing compare their answers with their partners - Make the students read the audio script (Unit 1 Recording 7) on page 166 and find out if their answers are true or false.
- Handout the table (in the bigger form prepared by the teacher) to the students - Observe and wander around the class while they are filling in them
- Make the students listen to the audio-script 1.8 on page 166 - After they listen once, make them listen again pausing after each sentence and make them repeat the sentences.
- Handout the photocopy of page 138. on SB - Make students complete exercise 1 and 2 on that page - Make students write down their answers and check their answers through reading one by one.
- Give examples to the students to show what to do (Tarkan is a handsome man, I am 80 years old) - Make the students write their sentences and share those sentences with their partners.
- Make the classroom separate as two groups - Design the groups as one group will have question papers, the other one will have short answers - Make them work in groups and try to match questions and answers - Wander in the class and observe them during the activity - Give them feedback