Deren Doğan TP7
To provide clarification and practice of modals of obligation in the context of clothing
To provide accuracy speaking practice in a discussion in the context of clothing
Procedure (33-45 minutes)
1. Put the Ss into 3 or 4 groups. 2. Ask them to discuss " What would you do if you were the employee or the employer?" -Example questions: Would you go to work wearing shorts? Would you refuse to go home and change your clothes? Would you send your employee home? 3. Ask the Ss their opinions.
1. Ss will be asked the underline the sentences with 'must/have to/can/can't'. 2. They will be asked to give answers.
Meaning 1. Ss will receive a handout with model sentences and CCQs. They will answer the CCQs. 2. Ss will be asked to check their answers by walking around and asking other Ss, and finding someone who knows the answers if they are not sure. Then, they will check with the answer key. 3. WCF will be given. At the end of the meaning part, Ss will receive HO covering the meaning. Form 3. Ss will be given a gap-fill exercise about forms. After they finish, they will check their answer with an answer key. Pronunciation 4. Ss will see the example sentences on the board. 5. Ss will do drilling with model sentences, and also they will drill the connected speech of 'have to' and 'has to'.
1. Ss will first work individually to do the grammar exercise 1(choose the correct verb form). 2. After they finish, they will compare their answers with their pairs. 3. They will be given an answer key. 4. They will be asked if there is a problem with any of the answers. If there is, other Ss will be asked to explain. If there is not any explanation from other Ss, they will be given an explanation.
1. Ss will receive a handout from the teacher's book. 2. They will be asked to complete the sentences as a group. 3. When they finish writing the sentences, they will go around and check the other Ss sentences. 4. In the last part of this stage, each group will be asked to read one or two sentences out loud. 5. Correct the mistakes if there are some: or ask students the correct them.
1. Ss will be put in groups. 2. They will discuss in their groups about the rules in the place where they work or study. They will be given topics to discuss (clothes/times of work or study/days off/responsibilities/other rules)(Grammar ex.2). They will be asked the use the target language. 3. After they finish discussing, make a summary of the lesson.