To provide detailed, scan and inference reading practice using a text about Clothing words in the context of In fashion
To provide accuracy and fluency speaking practice in a group conversation in the context of shopping
To provide clarification, review and practice of Clothing words in the context of In fashion
Procedure (40-51 minutes)
- Reflect the pictures of newsagent's, greengrocer's' department store, supermarket - Ask what can they buy in these shops - Give 2 mnts to talk in pairs - Write their answers on the board
- Stick the pictures on the walls - Give them the words - Tell them to find the related pictures - And put the words under related picture on the board - Do some revision - Check the pronunciation whenever you feel the need
- Point to my jeans and ask them to say what am I wearing - Write their answer on the board - Use ICQs e.g Jeans 1 or 2? can I say one jeans? can I say two jeans? - Correct their answers USE ICQs e.g write p......... of jeans, tell them try to complete the word - Point to my shoes, ask them again what I am i wearing? - Write on the board -USE ICQs to make things clear e.g how many shoes am I wearing? Can I walk with just one shoe? Is it correct to say a shoe? -draw a picture of a shoe on the board, ask them what is it? Draw another one And ask them what is it? Circle the shoes and say now what is it? Write a p.........of - Ask them to do the first activity in pairs in 1-2 mnts. Then hand out the answer key.
- reflect the next activity on the board. And hand out the activity - Give them 1-2 mnts to complete the activity in piars - Tell them to come to the board and circle the correct answer - Give feedback if necessary - Write the first sentence of the 2nd activity on the board. Do it together. USE CCQs to help them to get the concept. - Give them time to complete it in pairs. - Hand out the answer key.
- Tell them that they are going to read about three people and the way they dress - Reflect the pictures on the board - Ask them what each person is wearing - Give them the text - Give them 2 mnts to read and match the paragraphs to the people in the photos - Get a class feedback - Ask them to unfold their paper and in pairs do the next activity in 5 mnts - Tell them to come to the board and match the people to the sentences - Ask the class each question to give them some chance to get ready for the speaking activity
- Tell them now you want to give them some questions to discuss in groups - Set them in groups of three or four - Hand out the questions - Monitor them carefully and try to notesome of their mistakes meanwhile help them when necessary - Do some error correction