Have you got any plans?
To provide clarification, review and practice of will, going to and Present Continuous for the future in the context of future arrangements
To provide fluency and accuracy speaking practice in a conversation and discussion in the context of future plans
To provide gist listening practice using a text about asking and answering the question in the context of future arrangements
Procedure (33-45 minutes)
1) get projector work; 2) introduction to the topic of the lesson with the help of teacher's examples: I am going to study on Saturday. Maybe I will go to the cinema with friends on Saturday night. On Sunday morning, I am having breakfast with my friends. 3) I ask Ss to discuss in pairs their plans for the weekends. 4) after they finish discussing, I ask them to guess the topic of our lesson.
1) Ss look at two pictures of Pete and Debbie, their task is to discuss and predict in groups their plans for the weekends (Slide 1); 2) Ss receive cards, while listening to the dialogues they have to match questions with Pete's and Debbie's answers; 3) Ss look at the answers of Pete and Debbie and try to guess whose plans are more definite future plans (Pete); 4) Ss receive the answer keys from the powerpoint (Slide 2); 5) Ss get other sheets with tasks. I ask them to look through the questions on the cards. They listen to the same dialogue 2nd time. The learners in groups try to remember and find the answers for the questions. 6) Ss can their answers from the tapescripts they receive.
1) I am going to explain Ss the meanings of three future constructions; 2) Ss receive the flashcards, which they use to complete the rules of usage Future Simple, Present Continuous and 'going' to construction; 3) on the boards Ss can see the correct answers (Slide 3); 4) Ss are asked to check the next slide and match the examples to the statements (Slide 4); 5) Ss are trying to make up negative and interrogative sentences; 6) WC discussing the forms of the learning structures and practice pronunciations through drilling; 7) in groups they discuss, check, compare their answers with key answers and and questions if have any.
1) Ss see the pictures of different situations. I give them 1 minute to discuss and make up sentences in groups using one of the constructions (Slide 5); 2) nominating Ss from different groups we check the task; 3) Ss receive another HO ex.1 p.40. Their task is to discuss in pairs and decide what form of the word they have to underline. I elicit the answer to number 1as an example; 4) I play the recording and let Ss check their answers.
1) HO - WB ex.6 p.34. Ss receive the tasks and complete the sentences with the phrases in the box. Check with partners and the end get keys. 2) HO - WB ex.8 p.34. Learners look at the pictures, describe it using 'going to' construction. Check and discuss in their groups. 3) HO - WB ex.9 p.35. Put the verbs into the Present Continuous. 4) As the follow-up activity I would like Ss to discuss their plans for the summer holidays.