Jobs and Places for work
grammar about third person , Reading and understanding the concept of jobs and places of work.
Vocabulary about the context and speaking about the third person about there jobs
Procedure (77-100 minutes)
- Firstly i will get the Ss to watch a video about different kinds of jobs. - Then i will tell them what i do for a living and describe why i do what i do.
- First i will get the Ss to listen to a conversation. - Then i will pre-teach some vocabulary that will be in the text. - Then get the Ss to read the text alone quickly for 1 - 2 minutes.
- I will get the Ss to scan read the text again and answer the questions about it. - Then i will get the Ss to read the conversation in partners and complete the grammar chart. - Then i will do some quick prounciation with them. -Then i will get them to have a look at different work place and occupation vocabularies. - Then they will ask 2 different people there occupation and questions about it. - They will then present there friends answers to the class.
- Firstly i will ask the Ss ' In what jobs in your country do people need to speak English'? - Then i will pre- teach vocab in the text. - Quickly i will get the Ss to gist read the text to get an idea about what its about. - Then they will look at there vocab page and see which answer fits best in the gaps. - Then they will answer the questions about the text.
- Then i will ask the students what does their friends do for work and where they work? - Why they need English for their work? - Tell us one thing your partner does that makes people happy in your job? - I will get Ss to brainstorm ideas and answers to these questions. - Then i will put work places around the room. They will pick up pieces of paper with occupations on it and match it to the correct workplace. And then find one reason they need English for that job.
- Then i will teach the Ss some intonation practice on how to ask questions for third person. I will get them to repeat after me. - Then They will think of two people they know who have jobs and there partner will as about them.
- Then individually the Ss will write about two people they learnt about. , - They will then present it to the class.