A very long flight
Listening for gist and and detail and vocabulary
Grammar and writing
Procedure (45-55 minutes)
- Talk to the class about my long flight to Australia, how it went, what i ate on the plane and who did i meet on the plane. - Show a video of 2 people having a conversation on the plane
- First i will get the Ss to listen to the audio of two people having a conversation to get an idea about the context. - Then i will pre-teach vocabularies that will be in the text and audio. - Then i will get the students to gist read the dialogue for 1 minute.
- Then i will get the Ss to listen to the audio again and put the sliced up script into order. - Then i will get them to read the script again and fill in the missing gaps with the correct vocabulary. - Then i will teach them grammar for present simple. Questions with Do , Yes, No. - Then they will prepare questions for their partner when on the plane. - Then i will give them a matching activity.
- Then Ss will have another activity where they will Listen to the end of Eves Holiday. Then they will do the activity and circle the correct option. - Then they will prepare questions and ask their partner these questions. Then they will present their partners answers to the class.
- Lastly Ss will create a role play with their partner of them on a long flight somewhere. - They will then present it to the class.