The Secret Millionaire
To provide gist and detailed reading practice using a text about The Secret Millionaire in the context of life-changing experience
To provide clarification of words from the text "The Secret Millionaire"
To provide fluency speaking practice in a discussion in the context of changes in our daily life
Procedure (41-58 minutes)
1. T shows pictures of famous millionaires to the SS and ask questions - Who are these people? - What do they do every day? 2. SS discuss in groups and then give feed back
1. T gives h/o with the sentences in context 2. SS read sentences and then try to use highlighted words in the gapfill. 3. SS compare in pairs 4. T gives feedback and clarification if necessary.
1. T asks SS to discuss in groups what millioniares don't do every day 2. SS discuss in groups 3. WC feedback
1. T asks question SS to read the introduction to the text and answer: Why are millionaires in the programme called "secret"? What do they do? 2. SS read the text and answer the questions and compaire in pairs 3. WC Feedback
1. T shows the pictures of the secret millioner who is now on show and asks SS to Think what he does every day 2. SS discuss in pairs and give fast feedback 3. SS read for gist, compaire their predictions in pairs 4. WC Feedback 5. T gives questions to SS and asks SS to read for more specific information. 6. SS read and answer the question, then compaire their answers i pairs. 7. T gives answer keys to SS
1. T says that this week is different for Collin 2. T shows the pictures for SS and asks to discuss in groups what might be different this week. 3. WC Feedback 4. SS read for gist to get general idea and compare their predictions in pairs. 5. WC Feedback 6. T gives true/false task. 7. SS read again and correct sentences which are not true. 8. SS discuss in pairs their answers. 9, WC feedback
1. T asks SS How is Collin typical millionaire, how is he not? 2. SS discuss in groups 3. WC Feedback 4. Error correction on speaking practice: T writes incorrect sentences on the board, SS correct them
1. T says that the students are the millionaires and they need to discuss how they could spend their money. 2. T builds a pyramid discussion: first in pairs then in small groups and then as a whole class. 3. WC Feedback