Do, have, go collocations
Beginner A1 level
To provide clarification and practice of verb phrases with go, have, do in the context of daily life
To provide detailed reading practice using a text "Life in a day" in the context of daily life
To provide accuracy speaking practice in a dialogue in the context of daily life
Procedure (39-63 minutes)
1. T says that SS are going to watch the small video and asks two questions - Who is the video about? - What do the people do? 2. SS watch the video and compare their answers in pairs 3. WC feedback
1. T says that now students will check their suggestion by reading for gist the text. 2. SS read the text and answer two questions: Who are the people? What did they do on the 24th July? 3. SS compare their answers in pairs.
1. T draws SS attention on the past forms of the verb do, have, go 2. T gives SS hand-outs and asks based on the text filling the gaps with TL. 3. SS do individually and then compare their answers in pairs. 4. T shows the answers on the board. SS compare
1. SS look at the answers on the board and compare the answers 2. T drills the pronunciation.
1. T gives cut-ups with the verbs do/did, have/had, go/went 2. T divides students into 4 groups. and gives the rest of the phrases. Students have to put the correct verb in the columns. 3. SS compare their answers with other groups and their previous h/o 4. After students work in the same groups: one SS takes the card, another should put in the correct column, and then they continue. 5. If there is a time T provides ball game for extra practice. 6. T gives gap-filled exercise. SS do it individually and then compare in pairs. T gives answer keys
1. Based on the previous exercise SS create a story about the what one family did yesterday. (if time) 2. SS tell each other what they d would like to show in the short film about yesterday 3. WC FB 4. Error correction (if time)