To provide gist and specific information listening practice using a text about conversations in the context of shops, cafe, train station ... ect
To provide fluency and accuracy speaking practice in a conversations in the context of in town places
Procedure (37-59 minutes)
- T will tell the Ss that he has full day with lots of things to do, he is confused and need their help. - T give each S cut-up papers (match activity) and explains that they have to match activity with place individually. - T ask ICQs to make sure Ss know what to do. Will you do it with friend? [no] - T explains any new/unknown words in the activity. Chemist's = Pharmacy Jumper = Sweater - after 1 minute, T instruct S to check answers with a partner, in the same time T writes the correct answer on WB.
- T give Ss cut-up papers, and explains instructions to guess where the conversation is and what she wants. - T ask ICQs to make sure Ss understand the task: what will you write? alone or with partner? (individual work, then check answers in pairs) - T plays the recording 7.9
- T divide Ss into two (or 3, depending on the number) groups, each group is given one paper for a gap fill activity which will be just guessing at this stage. - T instructs Ss to listen and try to find the right answer. - T plays audio 7.10 and repeat if necessary. - Ss check answer with other groups, T gives the solution to Ss
- T writes Can I on WB and points out where it was used in the last activity. can+I+verb - T ask CCQ to make sure they understand when to use it and elicit from Ss can I have a cup of coffee, please? [sure] can I have a 100 Lira, please? [fun question] - T ask Ss to underline Can I and listen to audio 7.10 one last time.
- T give each S a gap fill paper, and instruct them to put the right word in the right place, and demonstrate. - Ss work in pairs, then change partner and check answer. - T points out and elicit the use on "can I"
- T put Ss into 2 groups, one group take the salesman/waiter and the other group mingles and try to buy from them. - T explain instructions and demonstrate. - Groups change roles. - T ask for feedback through demonstration of a pair of Ss