Bank Robbers TP3
To provide gist, specific information listening practice and prediction using scenes from movies in the topic of robberies.
Speaking and vocabulary
Procedure (38-45 minutes)
1. Dress up in hooded jumper over head and black sun glasses when walk into classroom and act out things so Ss can elicit that I am a "robber" whats another word for this? -thief -What kind of robberies are there? Elicit
-Show visual of Bonnie & Clyde -Elicit who they are or what they do - don't confirm anything yet2. Who loves to watch movies? What films can you think of where a robbery takes place? 3. What can you remember about these films?
-I will elicit meanings of Armed Robbery, Faker, Gumption & Anyhow -Do E(licit) > C(CQ) > D(rilling) > W(rite) on WB Armed Robbery: A robbery with a weapon Faker: Someone who is not what they seem Gumption: To have courage/ initiative Anyhow: Anyways....
1. TASK BEFORE TEXT 2. Instructions HO to pick one or two possible answers 3. Play clip > pause at 1.22 4. Ss discuss in groups what they think is correct answer 5. WC FB - nominate
1. TASK BEFORE TEXT 2. Ss to listen more carefully to the clip to answer Qs on HOs individually 3. Play clip again - pause again at 1.22 4. Students to check their answers in pairs PW 5. WC FB
1. In pairs ask Ss to predict what could happen next? 2. And to discuss what they think will happen and why? 3. Monitor
1. Re-group (1-2-3-4) 2. Ss to discuss if they had any similar ideas 3. Before playing rest of clip ask Ss to watch and listen and see if their predictions were close Give HO of B&C visual and info 4. Write question on board: "Does anyone B&C?" "What do you know about them 5. Students to discuss in pairs 6. Nominate a person from each group to tell class about what they think
1. Write some errors on WB you noticed when monitoring earlier and correct them