To provide gist and detailed listening.
To review and practice collocations related to daily routines
Procedure (45 minutes)
Introduce the idea of daily routines in one's life: 1) mime my own day 2) elicit phrases I wake up at 7:30 am, take a shower, get dressed have breakfast if I have time, reach ITI at 9:00 am, in class then, have lunch at 1:00pm, finish from ITI at 5:00 pm, eat something on my way home, reach home, study some more and sleep between 11:00pm-2:00 am. Elicit: What time do I wakeup? What time do I reach ITI? Do I have lunch? What time? What time do I finish from ITI? Do I sleep at 11:00 pm?
Introduce Laura - power point presentation: 1) Picture of an English woman (Princess Diana) 2) Works 3 days in London (pictures of London) 3) Works 2 days in Barcelona (pictures of Barcelona) 4) Definition of a Euro commuter
1) S-S interaction 2) Pair work 3) Guess how they think Laura's day in London and Barcelona would be different? 4) Make notes
1) Play the audio 1.46 2) Let students check how many guesses were right 3) Whole class feedback
1) Give them the timetable from p.22 2) Play the audio 3) Have them fill out the times 4) Play the audio again so they can re-check 5) Monitor
1) Do ex 1: Cut up the collocations in ex 1 and get students in pairs to match for example have + breakfast. Students get the cards and they have to match the words that go together. 2) Ex 2 : this would be an individual controlled practise task and afterwards Ss can check with their partners.
1) Complete the table individually 2) Students then talk to their partner about their routines and check for similarities and differences 3) T- Check for some errors of collocations and do delayed feedback on the board