Upper-intermediate level level
To provide gist and detailed reading practice using a text about indian summer, weather in UK in the context of weather.
To provide clarification, review and practice of types of presipitation in the context of weather.
To provide fluency speaking practice in a conversation in the context of weather.
Procedure (36-45 minutes)
Simon says game
1. Display a picture with words "Why are we British so obsessed with..." . Tell students that according to a survey the average British person talk about this issue at least once every six hours. Ask students to guess what they talk about? 2. PW 3. FB Elicit answers. Display the second picture which shows the correct answer.
1. Why do British people talk about weather? What does the Indian summer means? Gist reading to answer these two questions. Sts have 2 minutes. 2. FB Naming elicit answers. Do you have a special name for Indian summer in Turkey?
1. T F task in pairs. Before they start I will check if they know the meaning of phrase used to. 2. FB
1. Two groups. They have one minutes to remember all words related to the weather within their groups. 2. One by one they will come to the board and write the word down. No repeats! 3. Which team has rewritten more words.
1. Put the words or phrases in the right place in the chart. 2. FB Listen to the record
1. Seven student form an inner circle. They have papers with different forecasts. 2. Others form the bigger circle, they have papers with different agenda. 3. Move and talk to every person from the inner circle and find the perfect day for your agenda.