• To provide detailed reading practice using a text about people's lives and traditions.
• To provide gist reading practice using a text about people's lives and traditions in the context of different lives.
• To provide fluency speaking practice in a conversation.
• To provide clarification of people's lives and traditions 'words.
• To provide specific information listening practice using a text .
Procedure (33-43 minutes)
write city and country on the board ask Ss about the meaning . ask Ss which of them live in a city and which of them live in a country. ask Ss to say what the good and bad points of each . Ss match the new vocabulary with their meanings
set ex.1 pg.38.Ss look at the photographs and read the sentences and guess which person the sentences describe .Ss underline He for Asasoryu or She for Jodie Kidd Ss check answers in pairs .
Ss read the article silently then listen to the CD track to findout howmany sentences they guessed correctly check answer with the Ss ask Ss if they found any of the information surprising
Ss read the questions. Ss read the text to answer the questions . Ss check answers in pairs. Give students the feedback.
set ex.2 Pg 38. Demonstrate an example to Ss. Ss ask and answers questions in pairs from the sentences in ex.2