Upper-Intermediate -B2 level
To practice listening for gist and detail in the context of animal rights.
To practice pronunciation: using intonation to show emotion.
Procedure (48-20 minutes)
- To familiarize students with the context few with the use of photographs of few endangered animals including the fox. - To check the students' understanding of 'fox' and get feedback for where it lives, etc. - To have students do ex. 2, pair check and whole class feedback.
-To choose some words from the listening that students may not know and present a presentation of important words with matching photographs explaining the meaning of the words.
- provide a general overview of the debate - play the audio clip related to the animal rights debate - have them do ex.4 as a gist listening using HO - have SS check their answers with pair partners - give them the answer key to match answers
- play the audio clip again for detail understanding -to have the students do ex.4 in PW - provide them the feedback on the answers
- explaining the demand of the debate to SS - monitoring to provide constructive feedback
- explain the question and give SS the HO - play the voice clip for answering Q P1 and Q P2 - conclude the session with a proper FB