To provide clarification of politeness expressions in the context of checking into a hotel
To provide clarification of language used for apologizing, requesting, accepting, and declining in the context of hotel booking
Procedure (49-63 minutes)
1. The teacher shows some pictures on the presentations and ask students to caption them.
1. The teacher asks students to open their books. Then he play the audio. 2. The teacher shows the pictures again to give feedback on their expectations. 3. The teacher gives students a worksheet and gives instructions.They work in pairs. The teacher gives answers and students check.
1. The teacher says " I have ........" to introduce TL. 2. The teacher plays the audio (books open). 3. the teacher explains form and highlights stress. 4. the teacher elicits some examples
1. The teacher introduces " I don't have...." 2. The teacher plays the audio (books open) 3. The teacher explains form (abbreviation) and highlights stress. 4. The teacher elicits examples.
1. The teacher introduces " do you have....." 2. The teacher plays the audio (books open) 3. The teacher explains form (question) and highlights stress. 4. the teacher elicits examples. 5. The teacher gives students a worksheet with pictures. Students work in pairs and ask each other if they have certain things.The teacher monitors and gives feedback if necessary.
1.The teacher pre-teaches (double room - reservation) 2. BOOKS CLOSED, the teacher introduces the dialog and the characters on the presentation and he gives students the script of the audio with some parts missing, and he gives instructions. 3. The teacher plays the audio 4. The teacher asks students to check their answers with their partners, and then he elicits answers 5. the teacher plays the audio again 6. The teacher asks students to role-play the dialog in pairs.
1. The teacher shows a picture of two people meeting and introducing themselves and has students guess what they might say. 2. The teacher shows another picture of someone introducing two people, and he has students guess what they might say. 3. books open the teacher plays the audio 4. The teacher shows some model sentences, and explains functional language ( how to introduce yourself - how to introduce others) 5. Role-play in pairs and a variety of drilling 6. Students mingle and introduce themselves to everybody.