Pre-Intermediate (B1) level
To provide gist, scan and deduction in the context of decision making
To provide fluency speaking practice in a pair/group in the context of decision-making
Procedure (34-45 minutes)
1) T will give the students a questionnaire HO (HO#1) in order that the ss interview each other. 2) T will do a WC feedback. 3) T then will show ss three pictures using PPT and elicit the feelings (happy-unhappy) when making too much decision to prepare them for the text reading.
1) T will give the ss HO#2 which is a reading text. Then show the ss five possible things that the text's paragraphs are talking about, and ask them to read the text for a first time, and then decide on what the paragraphs are talking about. 2) T will ask the ss to check their answers in pairs. 3) T then will do a WC feedback. 4) Show the AK.
1) T will give the ss five sentences (A-E) HO#3, ask them to read the text carefully and complete the paragraphs with the sentences by filling the gaps at the beginning of the paragraphs with the letters of the sentences, 2) T will ask the ss to check their answers in pairs. 3) T then will do a WC feedback. 4) Then show them the AK
1) T will show the ss 5 words on the WC using PPT, and ask them to read the article and find those words' synonyms in the text. 2) T will ask the ss to check their answers in pairs/group. 3) T will do a WC feedback. 4) Then show them the AK.
1) T will group the ss in order to get five groups. 2) T will show the ss five possible places where they can have too much choice on the WB using PPT, and then ask them to discuss the question " Do you agree that there is too much choice in those places? Why (not)? 3) T then will merge the groups in order to get two groups so that ss share what they have discussed. 4) T wiil doo a WC feedback.